ffmpeg for EL7

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:30:11 CEST 2016

> On 08/25/2016 06:28 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> On Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 10:24, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> On 08/25/2016 10:01 AM, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
>> [...]
>>> AFAIU, as long as these packages are properly linked (and not libraries
>>> not being dlopened), package deps on SONAMEs would conflict and thus
>>> prevent such problems.
>>
>> The point is that not all SONAMEs change with each FFmpeg version bump,
>> so, for example, ffmpeg-3.0.x and ffmpeg-3.1.x may have mostly the same
>> SONAMEs.
>
> Here is an attempt at ffmpeg2.8 and ffmpeg3.0.  This relies on different
I've strictly no question about how not to make conflict between
theses, so I'm not even looking at your spec since I don't think they
will bring any value to the "discution".
Please have a look at ffmpeg-compat for not conflicting with -devel
Also please have a look this for not conflicting with ffmpeg version
of the same ABI:
http://rpms.kwizart.net/fedora/16/SRPMS/ffmpeg4vlc-0.6-0.4.20100612svn.fc13.src.rpm
Here are the ABI from ffmpeg upstream: http://ffmpeg.org/download.html#releases

My point is to have EL7 built with ffmpeg28 by default and eventually
provide an alternative and newer ffmpeg for the binaries.

--
-