Fedora 25 rebuild features (python)

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:01:55 CEST 2016

> I don't think there is a mass rebuilt planned for f25, but at least
> rel-eng has started to rebuild python packages for:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Automatic_Provides_for_Python_RPM_Packages
>
> I think we should do the same, anyone that can take care of this ?
> (probably require someone in the provenpackager group)

We are supposed to branch today as per
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/25/Schedule

This feature (python automatic requires) might not be incompleted.
Anyone to look into ?
Also I think there is a rebuild needed because glibc has introduced a
broken feature. Some specific packages (built when glibc in rawhide
has this feature introduced) needed a second rebuild to have the
feature reverted.

Then when to branch ? If there is need for a delay, I will need to at
least fetch the appropriate repos on builders

Thx

--
-