mplayer and vlc errors in F25 and rawhide (F26) after friday and saturday's updates

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:23:16 CEST 2016

> This is a forward of an email that I sent to the Fedora test list,
> because I was having a problem with mplayer (and vlc).
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm running F25.  On Friday, mplayer worked as expected.  I then
> updated to the latest updates (I have updates testing enabled).  I
> didn't use mplayer again, and the next day, updated to the latest

Some  users has reported a better behaviour using the modesetting
driver over nouveau (and maybe radeon) at this time while switching to
xorg-x11-server 1.19.
You might try.

There is no vlc/mplayer update.But you can still report the output of
vlc -v from cmdline as a start.
Maybe that will show something wrong in either side.

Thx for the report.

--
-

Nicolas (kwizart)