Fwd: Re: Matthias Please Please Please fix this

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sun Dec 9 07:56:52 CET 2007

> Can't you use the repomd repositories with apt-rpm?

Yes you can, but it is still not possible to prioritize or pin against
repomd using apt-get. And nothing works as well as apt-get with
regarding these two features.

Because of the problem that I mentioned in my previous post, I once
again did a serious investigation of yum and smart over the last
month. I need and want apt-get and in order for it to work properly
you need the apt way of doing things.

Please, please, please don't abandon (from a user perspective anyway)
this elegant, mature, feature rich package manager. It still the best
available.

Eli

believed to be clean.