RPM Fusion accounts

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Oct 15 17:47:54 CEST 2007

On 15.10.2007 12:53, Matthias Saou wrote:

> I've finished setting up the RPM Fusion LDAP server yesterday (using
> Fedora Directory Server).

Great!

> I've also set up the CVS server to be able to
> authenticate SSH users against it, so having CVS+SSH working should
> just be a matter of getting shells and permissions right.

Sorry, not sure if I understand you right. Does that mean we could start
importing packages without FAS already? Or is that to much overhead as
the FAS would automate this?

> I still need to look at the FAS (Fedora Account System), but in the
> meantime, we could probably already start like this. Developers would
> just need to send me :
> - Full name
> - Email address
> - Public ssh key

/me send those in private

> That way I could populate the LDAP server with the required info to
> switch to using FAS and letting users edit their own info later
> (assuming they can get their password sent to their configured email
> address), while having all the info needed to have things working *now*.
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds good. Do you know how users in plague gets created from FAS? If
not I'll ask some Fedora admins how to make that work. I also could
create those manually if needed.