RPM Fusion accounts

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Oct 15 19:06:47 CEST 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote :

> > I've also set up the CVS server to be able to
> > authenticate SSH users against it, so having CVS+SSH working should
> > just be a matter of getting shells and permissions right.
>
> Sorry, not sure if I understand you right. Does that mean we could start
> importing packages without FAS already? Or is that to much overhead as
> the FAS would automate this?

I guess. If developers have ssh+cvs access and ACLs work, then it would
already be possible to import and modify packages. On the plague side,
builds might still need to be triggered manually, though.

> > I still need to look at the FAS (Fedora Account System), but in the
> > meantime, we could probably already start like this. Developers would
> > just need to send me :
> > - Full name
> > - Email address
> > - Public ssh key
>
> /me send those in private

Oh, and I forgot "username". The same as your Fedora one is obviously
best if you're already a Fedora contributor.

> > That way I could populate the LDAP server with the required info to
> > switch to using FAS and letting users edit their own info later
> > (assuming they can get their password sent to their configured email
> > address), while having all the info needed to have things working *now*.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Sounds good. Do you know how users in plague gets created from FAS? If
> not I'll ask some Fedora admins how to make that work. I also could
> create those manually if needed.

I have no idea. Isn't there anything related to LDAP in its
configuration that you've seen?

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.6-81.fc7
Load : 0.34 0.30 0.32