W: executable-stack

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 2 17:13:03 CEST 2008

Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I've got 2 packages where rpmlint gives a warning about the binary
> declaring the stack as executable. I've not yet imported them in CVS
> because of this problem. You can find SRPMS here:
>
> http://www.webalice.it/musuruan/RPMS/wips/gens-2.15.2-1.fc9.src.rpm
> http://dribble.org.uk/repo/9/SRPMS/e-uae-0.8.29-0.9.wip4.fc9.drb.src.rpm
>
> I'm not really able to solve this. Can someone help? Even proper
> documentation would be helpful.
Iget the same on i686:
$ rpmlint /home/davidt/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/gens-2.15.2-1.fc9.i386.rpm
gens.i386: W: executable-stack /usr/bin/gens

Can't help directly, but responses in these package reviews:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%22W%3A+executable-stack%22&btnG=Search&meta=
suggest a bug elsewhere is causing the W for those cases, perhaps
applies to gens as well if you never saw this before ?

DaveT.