why updated ffmpeg in F-8 and F-9

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 18:51:42 CEST 2008

2008/8/10 David Juran <david at juran.se>:
> Hello.
>
> I noticed that ffmpeg in the F-8 and F-9 version of rpmfusion is the
> version from livna devel with the new include-files structure. Is this
> intentional? I would much rather prefer if the livna F-8 version was
> used for rpmfusion F-8 so that I wouldn't have to maintain two different
> versions of transcode for livna and rpmfusion.

What is the status of transcode with the ffmpeg version in livna development ?

The plan is to choose only one version of ffmpeg and we cannot choose
an older snapshot for many reasons.
- Clean upgrade path from freshrpms
- The header move from ffmpeg need to concentrate on fixing headers
project to the new scheme (and not fix to the older which is a
regression).
- The ffmpeg team has drop support for older snapshot (with older
scheme for headers).

Now If you have problem with swscaler enabled ffmpeg, ffmpeg-compat is
here for that.( with the old header scheme). The plan was to drop
ffmpeg-compat for F-10, but we may build ffmpeg-compat in rpmfusion
for F-10 for now and then, have the proper obsoletes/provides done
from ffmpeg side to obsoltes ffmpeg-compat

Nicolas (kwizart)