why updated ffmpeg in F-8 and F-9

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Aug 11 17:34:34 CEST 2008

On 10.08.2008 19:19, David Juran wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 18:49 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> Not easily possible. faad2 and ffmpeg both are newer in freshrpms, so we
>> had to go to a newer snapshot anyway for a proper update path from
>> freshrpms :-/
> Fair enough...
> Anyway I don't think anything else depends on transcode but I'll try to
> fix my patches over the next week.

Copy'n'pasted from the mail I just send to make sure everyone sees this:

A lot of apps need to be patched for the new ffmpeg location. Dan
Horák/sharkcz did that earlier today for kino. His patch can be found at
http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/free/rpms/kino/devel/kino-ffmpeg.patch?view=markup

Hans took another approach and in
http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/free/rpms/gstreamer-ffmpeg/F-9/gstreamer-ffmpeg.spec?view=markup
just did

# adjust includes for the header move in latest ffmpeg <sigh>
sed -i -e 's|ffmpeg/avcodec.h|ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h|g' \
    -e 's|ffmpeg/avformat.h|ffmpeg/libavformat/avformat.h|g' \
    -e 's|postproc/postprocess.h|ffmpeg/libpostproc/postprocess.h|g' \
    -e 's|ffmpeg/swscale.h|ffmpeg/libswscale/swscale.h|g' \
    ext/ffmpeg/*.c ext/ffmpeg/*.h ext/libpostproc/*.c

in %prep

Hope this gives some ideas how to fix those problems that are related to
the new ffmpeg.

HTH

Cu