[Fwd: Build Error (Job 441): xine-0_99_5-2_fc8 on fedora-8-rpmfusion_free]

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Aug 19 13:21:23 CEST 2008

On 19.08.2008 12:53, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> There is a build issue with xine on F8; the same problem will afaics
>> show up in mythtv for F8(¹). Does anybody have a few spare cycles and is
>> willing to look into this? I'm not sure if it's a general yum/mock
>> problem, something specific to our builders or something wrong in the
>> Fedora repos.
>>
>> I tend to say "builders", as it doesn't happen on ppc (which uses Fedora
>> as host for the builder; the x86 builders use centos):

Just a note I forgot in my initial mail: the same xine spec file works
on F9 and devel.

>> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-8-rpmfusion_free/441-xine-0.99.5-2.fc8/ppc/root.log
> <snip>
>> Transaction Check Error:
>>   file /usr/lib/liblirc_client.so.0.2.0 conflicts between attempted installs of lirc-0.8.2-2.fc8 and lirc-libs-0.8.3-1.fc8
 >
> I believe this is due to a rather old yum on the buildsys.

Do you really believe that we set up a new builder with a totally
ancient version of yum? ;-)  K, sure, the one from CentOS5 is not that
new, but should be good enough IMHO.

> Possible work arounds:
>
> 1: Add a BuildRequires on lirc-libs hoping it gets into the transaction before
> the lirc-devel BuildRequires so that yum doesn't go looking for
> /usr/lib/liblirc_client.so.0.2.0 as that is already there.
>
> 2: Add a BuildRequires on lirc, so that the newest lirc becomes part of the
> transaction, this does not depend on dep resolv orderering (I hope) so is
> probably the better workaorund.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a try later.