SELinux and execheap

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 17:09:46 CEST 2008

Hi all,
    As you main know, I maintain e-uae in RPM Fusion. Unluckily it
requires an executable heap and SELinux complains about this.

Therefore I try to tell SELinux that this program is OK to require an
executable heap and not to worry about. I read that changing the
context of the executable to unconfined_execmem_exec_t should be
enough.

This is the scriptlet I tried to make, but it doesn't work.

%post
[...]
semanage fcontext -a -t unconfined_execmem_exec_t %{_bindir}/uae
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
restorecon -R %{_bindir}/uae

%postun
[...]
if [ "$1" -eq "0" ]; then
   semanage fcontext -d -t unconfined_execmem_exec_t %{_bindir}/uae
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
fi

Any idea what is wrong? A link to proper documentation should be
helpful too. I Googled a lot without finding anything really useful :(

Thanks.

Bye,

Andrea.