rpmfusion based spin

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:41:16 CEST 2008

KH KH wrote:
> I don't know if Thorsten ever mention such "spin" but having both
> rpmfusion and fedora on the same media is a very hard legal issue.
> Actually that's even not possible at all without removing the name
> Fedora from such spin. (meaning removing artworks and some others
> packages i don't remember)
As Jeroen van Meeuwen, this is not a big deal technically as you make it
out to be. Sure, we have to make some changes but generic-logos makes it
easy to do the rebranding. If there are other issues, we will deal with
them as we come across them. Part of my interest in this effort is as a
test case for the tools and fleshing out new trademark guidelines in
progress for Fedora.  We can't use Fedora infrastructure or call the
spin Fedora but that is already well known.

Rahul