rpmfusion based spin

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 04:15:59 CEST 2008

Stewart Adam wrote:

> That sounds fine - I think maybe a DVD spin with all the rpmfusion
> packages would be useful as well for offline installs.

My experience (with xfce, games and other locale specific spins) is
limited to the Live media spins. I haven't looked into Pungi much. If
anyone else wants to help by maintaining a dvd spin, I would appreciate
that.
> This is thinking way ahead, but while we're on the topic of spins do you
> think it's fair to say we should respin once every 2-3 months? That
> means we could have (roughly) the gold release + 2 respins along the way
> per release of Fedora. Until DRPM support gets into the build infra, I
> think this would be a good thing to do since another really annoying
> thing for users is having to wait 4 hours for a large DVD iso to
> download, then after installing they find they need some 150 updates!

Yeah, we should be able to generate images very easily. Testing can be a
problem since updates have before introduced regressions that affect the
way the installation works (or does not for that matter). I hope others
can help with that.
> Just to be on the safe(r?) legal side, maybe we should preinstall
> packages from only rpmfusion-free but have the rpmfusion-nonfree repo
> enabled.

This is what I am going with as of now.
> freefusion sounds good, but I think the name might be a bit misleading
> if we enable or preinstall nonfree packages, or users might ask about a
> "nonfreefusion" spin.
I looked a while back and realized freefusion.org is unavailable as
well. Who wants to name the baby?

Rahul