rpmfusion based spin

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Fri Aug 29 01:55:53 CEST 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> Just curious, how would the genuine Fedora DVD or CD set know about the
> extra media during the installation? Of course additional media is
> useful *after* the initial installation where people can point a repo to
> the media:// url, possibly that .repo file could even be included in the
> rpmfusion-release package.

It wouldn't, if I'm reading this correctly.

You install your fedora whatever, pop the matching livna cd into the
drive, autostart crap does it's thing and some gtk frontend comes up,
showing a nice little animal saying "It seems you want to install some
additional 3rd party software. Do you want mp3, dvd or divx support? Or do
you want your nvidia card to work?".

If the livna-assistant sounds overblown, a small gtk installer might do
it's thing as well, could even be scripted with the
dialog-de-jour-pour-x11 or whatever it's called today. Timidity or so was
it the last time I looked.

Personally speaking:_WHY_ we'd need such a cd however is beyond me, I
haven't touched a CD or DVD in years. PXE does that to you....

regards,
 andreas