Why do kmods automatically depend on kmod-common?

Felix Kaechele felix at fetzig.org
Wed Dec 10 12:06:08 CET 2008

Hi there!

I'm trying to package the zaptel drivers for RPMFusion. I ran into the
problem that zaptel (which is in Fedora) removed it's "Provides:
zaptel-kmod-common" in late 2006. Now, of course, there are dependency
problems when trying to install the kmod.
Is it absolutely necessary to depend on kmod-common or can this be
deactivated somewhere in the spec?
Or should I contact the Maintainer of zaptel in Fedora and ask him to
provide zaptel-kmod-common within his package again?

Felix