libdvdcss,again

Orcan Ogetbil orcanbahri at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 18:02:15 CET 2008

--- On Sat, 12/13/08, Andrea Musuruane  wrote:
> I really hope this is the last time this is asked.

I only caught the last bits (just the last 2-3 months) of this ongoing discussion.

The answer might be trivial but I have a question: Can someone explain me what is the difference between libdvdcss and lame (or any of the other packages we have in rpmfusion that is patent encumbered) from a legal perspective? Why is lame OK, but libdvdcss is not?

Cheers,
Orcan