Problems making LiveUSB of Omega

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 12:22:11 CET 2008

Rohan Dhruva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the omega-10-desktop.iso which is the Omega 10 final
> release. The SHA1SUM matches.
>
> I tried to use the "livecd-iso-to-disk" utility to make a LiveUSB out
> of the ISO. However, I tried it twice, and both time it fails. The
> first time I tried, on booting from the pen drive my laptop said
> "Missing Operating System". The second time, the SYSLINUX prompt came,
> but then a message was displayed saying "linux: Can't find a kernel"
> or something of that sort. Then I got a "boot:" prompt, and anything I
> typed there said "foo is not a valid kernel image". The messages may
> not be exact.
>
> The same pen drive worked perfectly fine with Fedora 10. Please tell
> me how to make a LiveUSB out of the omega ISO.
I frequently use LiveUSB's to test development snapshots and never had a
problem. I just tried converting Omega 10 into a LiveUSB on a new key
and it worked just fine. Not sure what the problem is. Are you trying
with persistence? Can you give me the exact command you are trying?
Might want to use --reset-mbr

Rahul