Problems making LiveUSB of Omega

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 14:40:28 CET 2008

Rohan Dhruva wrote
> Thanks to both of you. After trying with --reset-mbr, the LiveUSB
> works perfectly. Really good spin, thank you for making it!
>
> One question - pardon me for hijacking this thread. Is there any way
> to re-instate the fedora artwork after installation? Can I remove
> "omega-release" package, and install "fedora-release" and
> "fedora-logos" package to get back "pristine" fedora?

Pristine Fedora in terms of look and feel, yes.  Omega artwork is
virtually identical to Fedora artwork. Only the Fedora branding (logo
and wordmark ) has been replaced following the Fedora trademark
guidelines. However it is entirely possible to use Fedora artwork as
well.  Fedora-release too if you want a complete conversion. Something
like the following as root or using sudo, should work.

# yumdownloader fedora-release fedora-logos
# rpm -e --nodeps omega-release omega-logos
# rpm -ivh fedora-release fedora-logos

Rahul