kmodtool upstream

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jan 31 15:04:17 CET 2008

On 31.01.2008 14:15, Till Maas wrote:

> is there an upstream place for kmodtool?

In the past it was in Fedora's CVS at
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/kmodtool/?root=fedora

These days the current version is in Livna and Livna's svn.

> And in which repository should it be?

free.rpmfusion.org likely, as it's used to build free modules as well.

> And why is it not in Fedora (I cannot find it in Fedora

It was in Fedora -- can't remember where, but it was used to build kmods
in Fedora, so it must have been somewhere (in the rpm macros package?).

But when Fedora kicked separately packages kernel modules I started to
develop it further in livna -- it made no sense to develop a Livna
only-solution in Fedora and just complicates things.

> and also there seems to be no review request).

kmodtool goes way back to the fedora.us days. I'm sure there was a
review for it back then.

Cu