kmodtool upstream

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jan 31 19:11:37 CET 2008

On 31.01.2008 18:15, Till Maas wrote:
> On Thu January 31 2008, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 17:48 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
>> I seem to recall that you can yum install kmodtool from livna. Yep,
>> there it is...
>>
>> http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/development/SRPMS/kmodtool-1-7.lvn9
>> .src.rpm
> Ah, it is not available for Fedora 7 there, but the machine I am currently
> using runs Fedora 7. But this seems not to be the version that is mentioned
> in  http://rpmfusion.org/Packaging/KernelModules/Kmods2
> because there it is written about version 2.x.

Sorry, I should have mentioned it earlier in the thread that kmodtool is
only in Livna for F8 and later only. Sorry. It's written indirectly on
quoted wiki page , but not really obvious.

>>> Btw. kmodinstdir_postfix should propably be called
>>> kmodinstdir_suffix. "Postfix" is afaik not an english word.
>> Yes it is.
>> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/postfix
> Is it common to use postfix instead of suffix? Both the dictionaries I have
> here do not mention it, but suffix. Nevertheless, at least I learned that my
> dictionaries suck.

Well, we nevertheless could change this if we want, but that would
require adjustments in all kmod packages. I'm wondering if that's worth
the trouble.