PLEASE read: Preparations and proposed procedure for importing livna packages to RPM Fusion

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jul 21 20:09:24 CEST 2008

On 21.07.2008 08:38, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> I likely did a few mistakes here and there, thus *please* check your
>> packages carefully. Especially:
> Done, everything looks ok.

Good.

> One omission though, the amnrb and amwrb packages
> which I did some weeks ago (and still need to import to livna)

The latter is actually the reasons why they fell of my list. Sorry.

> are missing, both are mine and should go to non-free.

Feel free to add them to the wiki page, then I'll create branches for
those as well.

>> = What's still missing  -- or -- problematic packages =
>>
>>  * the following Livna package have no owner in RPM Fusion; but the
>> packages are required, as other Livna/RPM Fusion packages depend on them:
>>
>> Fedora|mjpegtools|Tools to manipulate MPEG data|???||
>> -> needed by dvdstyler, gstreamer-plugins-bad, mythtv, transcode
> Erm, wasn't a split off version of this recently submitted to either one of the
> mailinglists or one of the bugzilla's ?

/me can't remember

Anyone else? Ohh, Google can:

http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-June/000540.html

Hans: Seems you volunteered ;-)

>>    Most of our add-one packages that might use patent encumbered
>> techniques (like libtunepimp-extras-freeworld,
>> audacious-plugins-freeworld, qmmp-plugins-nonfree or
>> xine-lib-extras-freeworld) use or will use term freeworld in the name;
>> should we do the same for akode-extras as well and call it
>> Akode-extras-freeworld in the future?
> +1

Rex?

>>  * Are these still needed/wanted?
>> Fedora|unrar|Utility for extracting, testing and viewing RAR archives|
> We definitely want to keep unrar around, just yesterday I needed it to be able
> to read a pdf manual of a motherboard (offtopic, wtf a .pdf in a rar for public
> docs, are they sick??). I can take this if no-one else will.

Conrad Meyer volunteered as well. Do you two want to handle it together?

>> Fedora|audacity-nonfree|Extremely fast library for floating-point
>> convolution|??? mschwendt maybe ???||
> I think the description is wrong here, if no-one wants this I can take it but
> my plate is pretty full already/

/me will mail michael

We can decide about that later.

>>  * the following Livna package remain in Livna until we agreed on what
>> to do with Kernel modules in RPM Fusion:
>> kmods and their matching userland packages: em8300, fglrx, gscpa,

gscpa was merged for 2.6.27, so we can get rid of that soon.

>> iscsitarget, kqemu, madwifi, ndiswrapper, nvidia{,96xx,legacy} (there
>> are also plans to rename those three), qc, slmodem (broken anyway right
>> now), nvidia-settings, nvidia-xconfig
> I think we should just use what we have in livna as default, and keep the
> freshrpms dkms packages around for those modules which aren't also in livna.

I can also convert them; that's not that hard and users then have one
look at feel.

> Now that we have akmods, there is little advantage in also having dkms.
>
> Also since Matthias is always very vry busy, I have the feeling that the kmods
> in livna are better maintained.

Whatever we do: I'd really like to have a ACK or a suggestion for a plan
forward from thias before I move on here.

 > [...]
> Talking about moving to Fedora, I saw SDL_sound is on the list of packages to
> create in CVS, that is not necessary that one has moved to Fedora too.

Thx, removed from the list now.