Livna still needs to be maintained until RPM Fusion started

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jul 24 09:52:08 CEST 2008

Hi!

There were some discussions in private, so I think it's best to bring
this up on the list.

I'd like to ask all Livna maintainers to please continue with proper
package maintaining in Livna for now until we start to carry users over
from Livna to RPM Fusion. That should hopefully happen soon -- two weeks
maybe if everything works out well (proper DNS, better filled repos,
more space for the mastr-repo on the buildsys and proper release RPMs
are the main things that are needed before we start with that).

IOW: if you import
- a new version of an existing package
- a new package which obsoletes other Livna packages
to RPM Fusion *please* import and build it for Livna as well for now.

Yes, that is a bit of extra work, but that way the RPM Fusion (which has
no users yet) packages get indirectly tested in Livna (which has a lot
of users and testers); that is IMHO very important and will lead to
better packages in RPM Fusion!