mpeg2dec re-created as libmpeg2

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:18:29 CEST 2008

2008/7/24 David Juran <david at juran.se>:
> On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 10:52 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>> > OK, let's get back to the root of this problem. Maybe the timing for
>> > re-creating the mpeg2dec package under a different name was
>> > suboptimal...
>> > Nicolas, how about you back out your libmpeg2 package from rpmfusion and
>> > then we just import the livna package there. Then when things settle
>> > down and rpmfusion is firmly in place I can cede ownership of the
>> > package to you to do whatever you like with it...
>>
>> Could work. But is there a reasons why we can't simply go the other way
>> around and import the RPM Fusion libmpeg2 to livna devel now?
>
> I'm fine with that (-:
>
> Nicolas, do you agree it's a good idea/could you do this?
How this will make things different than just picking it from rpmfusion ?

This problem is really an easy level one.
Package EVR must be higher in F-9 than in F-8.
But the same is true to rpmfusion from livna/freshrpms. (within the
same release)
What would any want to talk more about this problem ?
Will that end finally ? and please remove the mpeg2dec-0.5.1.lvn10 !

Any other work for libmpeg2 have to be done in the RPMFusion version since now.

Nicolas (kwizart)