Buildsys cflags issue solved, now need someone to fix it

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jul 24 19:27:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 18:21 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 24.07.2008 18:10, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>  > [...] that's why that builder use the older mechanism for now (¹).
> >  [...]
> > (¹) the plan is to reinstall the builder once we can shut livna down;
>
> Note: for that we at least temporary need another x86_64 system that
> could serve as buildsys for a few days while the livna one is getting a
> fresh OS. Can anybody provide such a system? Would need a lot of hard
> disk space for a local mirror or a really fast internet connection.

I've already got the better part of a local mirror and a reasonably
hefty pipe (20Mbps incoming, 5Mbps out), and could try to have a box
available this weekend... Nothing fantastic, just a dual-core opteron
1.8GHz w/2GB of RAM, but its doing nothing else at the moment.
Definitely available if nobody has anything better available sooner...

> It would be great to have two x86_64-builders in general. So maybe that
> system could stay as second builder for the foreseeable future.

If I can merge some stuff from a full-time-on i686 box I've got (hosts
mythdora.com, is where we do mythdora collaboration/spinning) onto the
x86_64 build host, I wouldn't have a problem with keeping it up and
running indefinitely. Just don't want to have a third entirely separate
machine running full-time... :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com