My package import progress report

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 13:35:29 CEST 2008

2008/7/25 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>:
> Hi all,
>
> All my packages are imported, release bumped, were applicable merged with
> the freshrpms counterpart, and tagged.
>
> So they are all ready for building, a few were already rebuild after the
> cflags issue and before the buildsys outage.
>
> The following can only be build once the necessary deps are in place:
> gstreamer-ffmpeg
> gstreamer-plugins-bad
> gstreamer-plugins-ugly
> mjpegtools
>
> So how are things going with getting the buildsys back up and running?
How can we be sure to have them prepared if we don't know how the
ffmpeg package will be done ?
(either with or without swscaler for F-8) which version ? which API
(remember the header name problem ?)
>From ffmpeg side, older version aren't supposed to be supported, but
on the same way we need to provide a sane upgrade path from freshrpms.
This will need a rebuild of newer x264 faad2 but ffmpeg ABI/API may be
updated also from what we have expected from the current stable
repositories.

Any thought ?