My package import progress report

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Jul 27 17:34:30 CEST 2008

KH KH wrote:
> 2008/7/25 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> All my packages are imported, release bumped, were applicable merged with
>> the freshrpms counterpart, and tagged.
>>
>> So they are all ready for building, a few were already rebuild after the
>> cflags issue and before the buildsys outage.
>>
>> The following can only be build once the necessary deps are in place:
>> gstreamer-ffmpeg
>> gstreamer-plugins-bad
>> gstreamer-plugins-ugly
>> mjpegtools
>>
>> So how are things going with getting the buildsys back up and running?
> How can we be sure to have them prepared if we don't know how the
> ffmpeg package will be done ?

I've assumed everything will stay the same as in livna with regards to ffmpeg.

I've patches for building gstreamer-ffmpeg with swscale, which are currently
used in F-9 and devel branches, I also have patches around for the older
gstreamer-ffmpeg version in F-8 to build that with swscale, so if people want
to take this opportunity to update ffmpeg in F-8 I'm fine with that from
gstreamer-ffmpeg pov (I'm not sure doing this is a good idea in general though,
people still using F-8 will be doing so because they like some stability).

> (either with or without swscaler for F-8) which version ? which API
> (remember the header name problem ?)

The header name problem is solved with a simple sed in the devel branch package
if a newer ffmpeg gets used in F-9 or F-8 simply copying this sed command from
the devel .spec will suffice.

Currently all packages are prepped to build assuming the ffmpeg version and
configuration does not chance from livna -> rpmfusion (which seems the sane
thing to do to me).

Regards,

Hans