Did some bugzilla cleanups

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 10:05:00 CEST 2008

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:52:22 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > Products are:
> >
> >   Fedora                (versions: 8, 9, development)
> >   Fedora EPEL           (versions: 5)
>
> We really need to discuss quickly if we want to stick to that scheme. E.g.
>
> 1) do we want to seperate free and nonfree in bugzilla?

Would make it possible to assign different owners. Else there's no
benefit.

> 2) is Fedora EPEL really a good name?

Products in bugzilla can be renamed.

> My answers:
>
> 1) unsure; most people likely don't care from which of the repos the
> package comes from; other people OTOH will (and those might even yell at
> us if we don't seperate)

Do they even know? With too many products in bz to choose from they may
get lost in the lists of "components" and give up trying to find a
package name.

Other issues:

* There are entries in owners.list with no bz account.
EPEL: faad2, lame, libdca, twolame, x264, xv, xvidcore

Fedora:
mupen64-ricevideo
sidplay-libs
amarok-extras-freeworld
amule
audacious-plugins-freeworld
compat-plone
compat-python24
compat-python24-elementtree
compat-python24-feedparser
compat-python24-imaging
compat-python24-libxml2
compat-python24-lxml
compat-python24-setuptools
compat-zope
faad2
ffmpeg
iscsitarget
iscsitarget-kmod
KmPg2
lame
libdca
live555
mamory
mp3gain
mpd
mpg321
mplayer
mupen64
qc-usb
qc-usb-kmod
rt2860
rt2860-kmod
twolame
vagalume
x264
xine-lib-extras-freeworld
xvidcore
xv

* There are entries which differ between "free" and "nonfree".
EPEL: libmad

* There is an entry with an "initialqacontact" which is a field
disabled in this bz. Use "initialcc" instead.
EPEL: libmpeg2

* Avoid the '&' character in package summaries in owners.list because
bz doesn't replace it with a html entity. This breaks parsing of bz
pages.