First steps of the transition from Livna to RPM Fusion begins now for livna-devel users!

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Oct 15 06:45:13 CEST 2008

On 15.10.2008 00:19, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 October 2008 at 19:05, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Brought over there from fedora-devel; see
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-October/msg01408.html
>> for details.

>>> What about libdvdcss?
> [...]
>> So to sum things up: If we ship libdvdcss in one of our repos we will
>> ship a package that is way more bad (read as: known to be illegal not
>> only in the US, but also in more than a few other country's, including
>> the one I'm from)
> Need I remind you that we already have libdvdcss code in our free repo?

If you want to go down that level: Need I remind you that the last
official decision is to not have libdvdcss in RPM Fusion:
http://rpmfusion.org/SteeringCommittee ;-)

Anyway: Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I understood you correctly the
it's just source-code that is not going to get compiled? That at least
here in Germany is not a problem afaik, as long as the resulting binary
can't circumvent copy protection. But to protect contributors that might
feel unsafe due to that I'd vote for removing that part from the sources
(just like we sometimes remove code for decoding mp3s in Fedora).