Testing community for rpmfusion

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Oct 15 07:30:20 CEST 2008

On 14.10.2008 23:45, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 14.10.2008 00:05, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> [...]
> It would be good if maintainers could create a wiki page with info on
> how to get the info they want ( debug output ) and which files (
> logfiles etc )
> they want on reports  reports in bugzilla. That should eliminate any
> need for some kind of triage-ing..

What really is overdue imho are some pages that describe the graphics
drivers packages better. Some things that come to my mind:

- mention the main differences between a stock driver install and our
packaging (like file-locations); also mention why we (have to) do that
and why it's a good thing to do that/to use our drivers
- mention the dangers that people might run into if they use the normal
driver install
- mention how to debug problems
-- is the kmod avilable for the running kernel and loads (dmesg output)
-- is the driver properly configured in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
-- ...
- a note that we we can only fix bugs in the packaging, and can't fix
bugs in the drivers, as they area closed
- a note why some drivers are missing for F9 and rawhide