Testing community for rpmfusion

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 14 23:45:24 CEST 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 14.10.2008 00:05, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
>> I've been thinking if there's any interest in creating a testing
>> community within rpmfusion
> >
>> If there is any interest....
>>
>> Hows accessible is wiki?
>
> I can't remember exactly, but I think you can edit if once you
> registered (and if not then it should be like that (round about)).

Ok . I'll check it out.
>> How good is the work between maintainers and upstream ?
>
> Just like in Fedora. Or IOW: It completely depends on the maintainer
> and the package.

Good to hear.
>> Is it possible to get a test list ?
>
> That is something I have been thinking about as well. One one hand I'd
> say "yes, might make sense". OTOH: fedora-test-list often does not
> work to well. Some people report things there, others to fedora-devel,
> yet others to fedora-list -- and most of the time bugzilla would have
> been the right place.

I've been trying to get developers to kick test reports/issues to the
test-list on fedora..
I will further push that issue on next qa meeting.

> So right now I tend a bit more to "just use rpmfusion-users for that
> purpose for now; we can create a seperate list later if one really is
> needed"

Let's see how it goes first then.

It would be good if maintainers could create a wiki page with info on
how to get the info they want ( debug output ) and which files (
logfiles etc )
they want on reports  reports in bugzilla. That should eliminate any
need for some kind of triage-ing..

JBG