Import plans for freshrpms packages; please review!

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Oct 17 11:29:17 CEST 2008

Matthias Saou wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> First of all, sorry for still being so absent... :-(

Hiya,

Great to see you back!

>> rar
>> -> import
>
> Beware, this is a proprietary shareware.

Since we already have unrar which is almost free software (weird license) and
which does the most important thing: unpacking rar files, I'm not in favor of
importing this just for the sake of having it, so unless someone really wants
to I think we should drop this. Having this only serves to promote creating rar
files, which is not something we want to do IMHO. I know this is rpmfusion ont
Fedora, still there is nothing wrong with promoting openness here :)

>> xmame
>> -> import
>>
>> xmame-roms
>> ->  import
>
> Please don't import these! The last xmame release is quite old, it's
> unmaintained. sdlmame is the way to go now, I'm sure Hans will agree :-)

Well xmame can be usefull on slower / older hardware I assumed that is why you
kept it around in freshrpms. But yes all things considered this is obsolete
(boohoo my baby is obsolete), so if there are no people who really want this
lets drop it.

Regards,

Hans