rpms/unrar/devel unrar-3.7.8-fixes.patch, NONE, 1.1 unrar.spec, 1.2, 1.3

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Sun Oct 26 00:37:46 CEST 2008

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> > +    if(strcmp(ArcName,"")==0) return(false);
>
> Huh? Isn't that the same as:
>   +    if(!strlen(ArcName)) return(false);

If I remember my C coding experience correctly, yes, it should be
interchangeable.

> > +# Might be needed to apply fuzzy patches with recent rpm
> > +#%%define _default_patch_fuzz 2
> > +
> Why? Is it because the debian patch doesn't apply cleanly?

Commented out. I needed it during development and decided to leave it in
to save me a bit of typing during the next upgrade. Unfortunately 3.8.4,
the current unrar version is rather broken regarding the libunrar code...
So that update might take some time...

> I haven't read the license, but can we actually distribute modified versions?

Sure

	2. [...] Distribution of modified UnRAR sources in separate form
	or as a part of other software is permitted, provided that it is
	clearly stated in the documentation and source comments that the
	code may not be used to develop a RAR (WinRAR) compatible
	archiver.

For the sources we're therefore in the clear.

	3. The UnRAR utility may be freely distributed. It is allowed to
	distribute UnRAR inside of other software packages.

And thus we're in the clear for the binary as well.

regards,
 andreas