Broadcom hybrid_wl driver

Chris Nolan chris at cenolan.com
Sun Oct 26 11:12:43 CET 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 26.10.2008 05:02, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> Anyone working on a kmod package for the semi-open-source Broadcom
>> driver?
>
> See the following mails that are just a few days old ;-)
>
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001797.html
>
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001812.html
>

> Chris CCed.
>
>> http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php
>>
>> I recently acquired some hardware that theoretically will work with it
>> (though rumor has it ndiswrapper may still work better/allow faster
>> speeds).
>>
>> I hacked something together rather quickly this evening. Still need to
>> figure out exactly what the license really is, and how to get the
>> LICENSE.txt file into the right package (been a while since I've poked
>> at any kmods), but it builds and packages the important (to me) piece --
>> the actual kmod...
>>
>> http://wilsonet.com/jarod/junk/hybrid_wl-kmod-5.10.27.6-1.fc10.src.rpm
>>
>> Advice and/or news of someone already working on this welcomed...
>
> CU
> knurd
Hey Jarod, you stole my thunder! ;)

Looks like you've done a nice job with this package - do you care to
maintain it or would you mind being joint maintainers? I'm really keen
to get into packaging and this was to be my little project but looks
like you beat me to it!

One thing missing from the package seems to be the patch to fix the
vlanmode issue.

Best
Chris