Call for help: mock configs for RPM Fusion

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Sep 2 19:48:58 CEST 2008

Hi!

More and more people asked for mock configs files that they can use for
test-building RPM Fusion packages. I don't have such files, but I
uploaded the mock config files used on the builders to

http://www.leemhuis.info/files/fedorarpms/MISC.rfu/mock/

DON'T USE THEM! They need modifications before they are ready for
normaly use!

I'd thus appreciate it if someone with a few spare cycles could take
them and update them (see below)(¹); we after that should create
rpmfusion-mockcfgs-{non,}free packages(²); after reviewing those we can
put them in our repos.

Here are some of the things that need to be modified before the mock
configs are ready to use:

* remove the buildsys_private and buildsys_kernel-devel-pkgs repos from
all configs; those repo contain packages used for bootstrapping or deps
that are not yet in the proper Fedora repos

* remove the baseurl= and the hardcoded local mirros and let mock use
mirrormanager uri's just like the stock mock configs for Fedora do

* comment out the needsign repos; those normally should not be used, but
that makes it easy for RPM Fusion contributors to enable them in case
they need them

* remove the packager and vendor tags

* while at it: check the mock configs for sanity; it took quite a while
to write those; maybe I did a mistakes here or there

* maybe there are a few other things in today's mock config files from
Fedora that we could merge into the RPM Fusion mock config files

(¹) -- if you are willing to do that work please let the list know to
avoid duplicated work

(²) -- we could also add them to the rpmfusion-release packages, but I
think shipping them separately makes more sense as the two then can be
updated individually; that will avoid a few unnecessary rpmnewfiles on
users systems