akmods for EL-5?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:27:15 CEST 2008

On Friday 05 September 2008, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> 2008/9/5 Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
> > I need to build my akmod for EL-5.  Will there be a port of akmods stuff
> > to EL-5?
>
> Is there a sense in having akmod for EL? AFAIK the EL kernel is ABI
> stable. Therefore kmod should be enough.
>
> Bye,
>
> Andrea.

I have 2 packages that were built  accoring to akmods (AFAIK):

blcr-kmod-0.7.3-1.fc9.src.rpm
blcr-0.7.3-1.src.rpm

I cannot build blcr-kmod on EL-5, due to:
rpmbuild -ba --target i686 blcr-kmod.spec
Building target platforms: i686
Building for target i686
error: Failed build dependencies:
	buildsys-build-rpmfusion-kerneldevpkgs-newest-i686 is needed by blcr-
kmod-0.7.3-1.nb.i686

So I tried to build buildsys-build-rpmfusion...