How to test RPM Fusion

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Sep 30 09:39:44 CEST 2008

On 30.09.2008 01:37, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Add-on: We have no fully configured bug tracker yet for RPM Fusion. As
>> such: please do *not* further distribute or link to above mail in
>> Blogs, Forums or other Mailing lists for now. We'll announce a
>> official testing phase for RPM Fusion once we have the important bits
>> in place. tia!
> Is it useful to do a new compose of the live cd by replacing Livna
> development with RPMFusion development repository?

Please note that the compx.xml file is still in a flux and might
complicate things a bit for you (e.g. you might need to adjust things
again later); details in this thread:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-September/msg02615.html

Not to mention that a whole lot of packages are not in any groups right
now. But all of that likely is not a big problem.

> I got precious little
> feedback but a lot of downloads on the last compose so I would like to
> hear more opinions.

Sorry, but I mostly ignored the whole spins discussions up to now :-/ I
consider getting rpmfusion running way more important for now, that's
why I focus on that right now; and the long discussion around a
rpmfusion spin happened when I was on vacation. :-(

Hence my questions maybe might have been answered already, but

- where does the name omeaga come from?

- will omega become the official RPM Fusion spin or just serve as base
for one?

- seems there are other people/groups/projects that have spins based on
livna already; have any attempts been made to get all of them together
at one table within the RPM Fusion project to bundle efforts?

Please don't take those questions as offense -- I like the idea with the
spin. I just want to understand the long term goals and plans better.