How to test RPM Fusion

Xavier Lamien laxathom at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 30 10:37:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> On 30.09.2008 01:37, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>>
>>> Add-on: We have no fully configured bug tracker yet for RPM Fusion. As
>>> such: please do *not* further distribute or link to above mail in Blogs,
>>> Forums or other Mailing lists for now. We'll announce a official testing
>>> phase for RPM Fusion once we have the important bits in place. tia!
>>
>> Is it useful to do a new compose of the live cd by replacing Livna
>> development with RPMFusion development repository?
>
> Please note that the compx.xml file is still in a flux and might complicate
> things a bit for you (e.g. you might need to adjust things again later);
> details in this thread:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-September/msg02615.html
>
> Not to mention that a whole lot of packages are not in any groups right now.
> But all of that likely is not a big problem.
>
>> I got precious little feedback but a lot of downloads on the last compose
>> so I would like to hear more opinions.
>
> Sorry, but I mostly ignored the whole spins discussions up to now :-/ I
> consider getting rpmfusion running way more important for now, that's why I
> focus on that right now; and the long discussion around a rpmfusion spin
> happened when I was on vacation. :-(
>

> Hence my questions maybe might have been answered already, but
>
> - where does the name omeaga come from?
>
> - will omega become the official RPM Fusion spin or just serve as base for
> one?
>
> - seems there are other people/groups/projects that have spins based on
> livna already; have any attempts been made to get all of them together at
> one table within the RPM Fusion project to bundle efforts?
>
> Please don't take those questions as offense -- I like the idea with the
> spin. I just want to understand the long term goals and plans better.

yeah.
To bring a rpmfusion spin out, some discussion and decision need to be
(such as the name of the spin, which packages should be shipped with
the spin, etc).
And all the work must be at rpmfusion.org

However, omega can be a base from where to start.
And if someone wanted to start something around this please, before
create page on the wiki, talk about first for such sub-project.
Feel free to open a new thread then.

--
Xavier.t Lamien