Avidemux PPC build errors (was Re: avidemux 2.5 & plugins - comments/ideas?)

Stewart Adam maillist at diffingo.com
Fri Jul 31 09:19:48 CEST 2009

On 2009/07/28 12:05 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Stewart Adam wrote:
>
> I would contact upstream and ask if they are planning to release any
> of the plugins separately in the future. If the plugins will always be
> distributed inside the main tarball, then it makes sense to proceed
> with option 1.
>
> Orcan

I've made attempts to contact upstream multiple times (IRC, forums,
bugtracker) and none have worked so at this point I've given up on trying to
get in touch with the avidemux developers.

It looks like they're not going to release plugins individually so I've
closed the plugins package review, but if some very popular plugins are
released from a 3rd party or if a plugins tarball is released upstream then
I'll reopen the bug for a review.

Anyways, avidemux 2.5 still fails to build properly on ppc and I don't have
any knowledge of how altivec works (nor a PPC machine to test on)... Full
build logs are here [1], but this is the error causing all the problems
since 2.4.4:
/builddir/build/BUILD/avidemux_2.5.0/avidemux/ADM_libraries/ADM_libmpeg2enc/altivec/build_sub22_mests.c:540:
error: incompatible types when assigning to type '__vector unsigned int'
from type '__vector __bool int'

Would somebody be able to help create a patch? I'm going to ExcludeArch ppc*
in the mean time since 2.4.4 packages are *really* broken and 2.5 has worked
a bit better from my tests on F11.

Thanks,
Stewart

[1]