Where we are and where do we what to go?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 00:05:56 CET 2009

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

[Catching up on this after  a long time so excuse the delay]

>>> - no RPM Fusion Fedora remix maintained within the project; do we
>>> want one? Or even proper install DVDs that already contain packages
>>> from RPM Fusion?
>> I was very happy to see Rahul do some work here, way to go Rahul! I
>> don't care much if the remix is an official part of rpmfusion or not.
>
> In my experience having such things outside the project IMHO leads to
> confusion among the users; sooner or later others might start creating
> their own RPM Fusion spins, which often lead to competition instead of
> cooperation :-/
I have asked multiple times with no clear decision. There is theory a
steering committee who is in charge but it doesn't seem active. If  RPM
Fusion as a project want to host the kickstart file, images and help
review, test and provide feedback on anything related to the live cd, I
would be happy to participate.  As long as decisions don't get done, I
would have to continue hosting it outside this project.  I continue to
point users to this mailing list for discussions and continue to post
updates here whenever anything related to the live cd happens.  A note
on the live cd, I am including libdvdcss so you might want to consider
the effect of that on hosting.

Rahul