Massrebuild status

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 31 10:14:20 CEST 2009

On 31.03.2009 09:23, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:16:04 +0200, Julian wrote:
>
>> bsnes looks like a buildsystem hiccup. Could you please requeue?
> Indeed it looks much like the very old race-condition (which had been fixed
> in Fedora/EPEL Plague) under which successful build results are copied more
> than once and cause a job to fail.

In short: Our infra sucks.

The little bit longer version: Some of our plague servers and builders
are not fully up to date. Some (e.g. the newest one) are not configured
properly (private buildsys repos are not enabled) as I justed noticed a
few minutes ago. There are likely way more problems I just don't
remember right now or are not even aware of.

Note that it's not the first time I say "Our infra sucks". But I for one
try to stay in the "ignore that problem everywhere I can" mode, because
I never wanted to do infra work (but did a lot over the past years for
Livna and RPM Fusion) and it seems the only way for me to finally get
infra work of my todo list is to ignore all problems in the hope someone
gets annoyed enough in the long run to step up and fix it properly.