Massrebuild status

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 31 20:39:18 CEST 2009

On 31.03.2009 11:38, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:14:20 +0200, Thorsten wrote:
>
>> In short: Our infra sucks.
> Well, "infra" consists of multiple things:

I in the mail ýou replied to I mainly meant the RPM Fusion counterpart
to "Fedora infrastructure", e.g.

>  - the available hardware resources

and especially people that manage that hardware, as hardware itself is
not the problematic factor right now afaics (I'll try to outline this
more detailed in a later mail as a few people asked for that).

 > [...]

But that doesn't mean that those factors are unimportant:

>  - the organisational model that is being used
>    (e.g. meetings, agenda, task offers, recruiting of volunteers,
>     distribution of power'n'privileges)
>  - the management model that is implemented
>    (who decides what can be achieved, what will be done and who
>     will do it? who verifies the goals are reached?)

IOW: Those areas really need improvement as well. I'm actually willing
to work in those areas, but I simply didn't found enough time for it and
nobody else stepped up to do it afaics.

> With RPMFusion there are many open questions.

Correct.

> Probably some of them could be answered by visiting IRC,

Don't think so that being present on IRC to know what happens is a
problem in RPM Fusion. Sure, a few problems get discussed on IRC now and
then, but that fine and all the important stuff goes via the list afaics.

> but still it wouldn't be clear whether
> everything is carved into stone.

Well, a lot of things are simply "undefined" afaics. And I guess that's
one of the biggest problems in general.

> There have been rumours about migrating to koji+bodhi+mash as well as
> pkgdb. Status updates are non-existant, however. [...]

Actually even I don't know much about it. All I'm aware of is

- the general idea to mirror the Fedora infra as much as possible as
well as some packagers asking for "koji for RPM Fusion" as they are used
to the features (like scratch builds) from Fedora

- a few messages from Xavier (some of them in private) that indicated
that Xavier has looked into/considered setting up koji for RPM Fusion