F12 branch and rawhide for F13?

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 12:52:47 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm a bit confused, have I missed something in between the
bugzilla spam to the list ...?

Today, I tried to update qmmp-plugins-freeworld to 0.3.1

I went to my projects directory, did the usual cvs up, cd devel,
update, commit, tag, build ...

Now I got a reply that the package couldn't be built due to
dependencies, which is what I expected as it depends on qmmp
0.3.1 which was built in rawhide only recently and may not have
been replicated to the mirrors and buildsystems. So far, so good.

BUT ... I have noticed that it is tagged qmmp-plugins-
freeworld-0_3_1-1_fc12 while it should be fc13
... my fault, I was not observant enough to notice earlier: the
F-12 dir does not exist, and devel does not tag as F-13.

Which leads me to the conclusion that devel wasn't copied to F-12
on the date of Fedora branching and rpmfusion rawhide does not
match fedora rawhide. And it is only 13 days to Fedora 12
release, so this should have been done.

Is that right, and in that case what is the reason for the delay?

Or could it be just a consequence of some mess on my system? (Or
in my head? ;-))

K.

--
Karel Volný