Experimental mplayer packages available: current code, VDPAU and VAAPI acceleration, multi-threading

Adam Williamson adamwill at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 4 17:18:36 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 08:44 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> Sounds like fun, but if I need to disable compositing maybe not so
> interesting.

See my previous post; if you don't disable compositing when using VDPAU,
you get a lot of horizontal tearing. It still _works_, it's just not a
lot of fun to watch :).

NVIDIA's aware of the problem, I believe, but I don't know if they're
planning to fix it any time soon, so we're a bit stuck with it.

--
adamw