What to do about Infrastructure?

Chen Lei supercyper1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 06:17:15 CEST 2010

2010/8/23 Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com>:

> I've tried to get more involved a few times, and its never really
> managed to go anywhere. I'd like to do more than just provide a build
> host, and occasionally hop on and fix (or break) things on it, but the
> reality is that I probably don't have the time to do much more than
> that.
>
> That said, I'm just about ready to replace the vm I currently provide
> as a builder with real hardware. I've got a glut of atom 330 boxes
> right now, so I was about to roll out a dual-core atom 330 box with
> 4GB of RAM and 1.5TB of storage (2x 250G internal + 1TB e-sata) as a
> replacement for the vm. It should be capable of providing additional
> services, if desired. (I've got other slightly more powerful hardware
> that could be rolled out as well, but went with this system for power
> consumption considerations).
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

Thanks for your effort, will we have a change to implement koji and
pkdb from Fedora? A similar infrastructure with fedora can help more
fedora contributors involved in rpmfusion. I also suggest to split
kernel modules into a separate repo, they are definitely different
with other packages.

Regards,
Chen Lei