rpmfusion and no frozen rawhide

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Feb 17 09:36:56 CET 2010

Hi All,

So how are we going to handle the new no frozen rawhide ?

I see 2 options:

1) As soon as the branching point between rawhide and
    the pending next release (iow F-13 atm) has been reached
    (which is today). Change our buildsys mock setups to make
    builds for devel build from the new development/F-##
    repo. And delay forking until the final release of F-##
    gets real close. The advantage of doing this is that it is
    slightly less work, the disadvantage is that we have no
    repo tracking the real rawhide, which could lead to dep
    problems for people who want to keep consuming rawhide after
    the branch.

2) Do early branching, just like Fedora does. We could make it
    a bit easier on ourselves by immediately putting the new
    F-## repo next to the already released repo's instead of
    putting it under development like Fedora does.

Regards,

Hans