add me to openafs bugs

Jack Neely jjneely at ncsu.edu
Tue Sep 14 17:17:16 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:38:48AM -0600, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu> wrote:
> > Cool, I do appreciate it.
>
> Sure. Who can add me to the list?
>
> >Does your shop use RHEL/CentOS as well?
>
> We do use RHEL and CentOS. We're starting down the road of
> transitioning many of our production boxes from Solaris, so we don't
> have RHEL widely in production yet. On the CentOS boxes we *do* have,
> we're using the OpenAFS.org RPMs.
>
> I've read a lot of the discussions on openafs-info regarding
> RPMfusion's conventions vs. OpenAFS's. Our RHEL deployment is at a
> point where we could still shift over to your style with RPMfusion,
> but it is going to depend on several factors. We're still evaluating.
>
> - Ken

I deploy widely on RHEL and have been chatting with Thorsten about how I
can help get rpmFusion's RHEL 6 support moving.  I get lots of requests
for the other kernel modules that are in rpmFusion as well.

When I catch the OpenAFS folks grumblings about my packages I always ask
for bug reports and feedback.  I've tried to patch their spec file, but
received little response.  In any case, I need packages that follow the
FHS (although I've considered adding a sub-package that would lay out
symlinks to emulate the transarc paths).  I also need packages in the
same kmod packaging standard as everything else.  They are still using
the original kmodv1 standard.  Basically, packages that are compliant to
Fedora's packaging guidelines.

Jack
--
Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>