Updating mlt and kdenlive in rpmfusion

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:33:37 CEST 2011

Hi Ryan (et al),

You seem to be the current package owner of mlt in rpmfusion. Are you
also the new owner of kdenlive (the only user of mlt in rpmfusion,
which used to be owned by Zarko too)?

Richard (in the CC) has taken over Zarko's attempts to get openshot
into rpmfusion and I've agreed to sponsor him and review his openshot
package (hope to do that tonight).

He is currently using a locally build mlt for his testing, because the
one in rpmfusion is quite old. I've taken a look and the only user
(as in package using it) of mlt is kdenlive, which itself also is
quite old. The kdenlive developers advice always using the latest
mlt. So I think it would be a good idea to upgrade mlt and kdenlive
(which then needs a rebuild because of a soname change anyways) in
both the F-14 as well as the devel branches. Do you agree?

Note I can take care of doing the actual updating if you don't have
time for that atm.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Richard, would you be interested in co-maintaining mlt with Ryan ?