avidemux for devel/F-15: Is there a C programmer in the house?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Apr 18 06:01:40 CEST 2011

Richard Shaw wrote:
> Thanks for the help guys but the maintainer got back to me with a
> patch that seems to have worked.

If you mean:
http://fixounet.free.fr/2.6/gcc46_temporary.patch
that patch doesn't look right to me. It fixes the complaints from GCC 4.6
(by copying the temporary to an actual variable), but it doesn't really fix
the underlying issue. There's no reason why selectConfiguration is taking a
QString * rather than just a QString, and the use of that QString * inside
selectConfiguration is invalid, as I explained in my previous mail.

> error: 'X264_WEIGHTP_BLIND' was not declared in this scope

That one is due to the new libx264. X264_WEIGHTP_BLIND was renamed to /
replaced by X264_WEIGHTP_SIMPLE.

This is the patch from upstream for this issue:
http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=265619&action=diff&context=patch&collapsed=&headers=1&format=raw

        Kevin Kofler