avidemux for devel/F-15: Is there a C programmer in the house?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:02:50 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Thanks for the help guys but the maintainer got back to me with a
>> patch that seems to have worked.
>
> If you mean:
> http://fixounet.free.fr/2.6/gcc46_temporary.patch
> that patch doesn't look right to me. It fixes the complaints from GCC 4.6
> (by copying the temporary to an actual variable), but it doesn't really fix
> the underlying issue. There's no reason why selectConfiguration is taking a
> QString * rather than just a QString, and the use of that QString * inside
> selectConfiguration is invalid, as I explained in my previous mail.

Well then I'm not sure what to do here. Your fix as it wasn't
sufficient by itself and I don't understand the code (or C++) well
enough to implement Orcan's fix to the header file.

>> error: 'X264_WEIGHTP_BLIND' was not declared in this scope
>
> That one is due to the new libx264. X264_WEIGHTP_BLIND was renamed to /
> replaced by X264_WEIGHTP_SIMPLE.
>
> This is the patch from upstream for this issue:
> http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=265619&action=diff&context=patch&collapsed=&headers=1&format=raw

This is the one I used. I had to take out one of the entries because
the file was already consistent with the patch.

Thanks,
Richard