build tools for EL6?

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:58:12 CET 2011

2011/12/13 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>:
> Ok, the elrepo guys are willing to host it but I'd pretty much have to
> use their kmod system so I'd have to maintain two separate sets of
> packages.
>
> At this point I'm not entirely sure we really need to use them. I've
> been able to build kmods for EL6 with a tweak to my spec file and
> building an EL6 package of kmodtool.
That's the whole point to have kmodtool improved to support their kABI
functionality.
Once done, you will even be able to enable kmod support in RPM Fusion for el.

I really hope everyone understand that rebuilding every kmod for a
given kernel doesn't work the same as fedora. Mostly because there is
different channel where one grab the kernel update from RHN and
another wait for CentOS/SL/whatever.